Saturday 15 November 2014

SUNREIT NOV2014 FOLLOW-UP

Is been nearly 2 months since I pen down something.
Is been a bad month for the mid to long term investor as they see their holdings back to their purchase price.

Example : My friend has been holding his Supermx (entry ~2.06) & Pantech (entry ~0.93) since 2013, and as Friday closing , he is at losing/breakeven position after holding for more than 1 year. Supermx close at 2.03 and Pantech at 0.93. Imagine if one is following strictly based on charts to sell Supermx at 2.65 (sell signal for mid term investor, will gain 28%) and sell Pantech at 1.00 (sell signal for mid term investor, will gain 7%).

I believe one really need to know when to sell. There is less than 10% of KLCI's  stocks which really gain consistently  throughout very long term holding. Nowadays every 5 or 10 years will be a big downtrend which will reset all your gains. So, I would really advised KLCI stock investor to learn how to let go of his beloved so call very strong FUNDAMENTAL stock and buy back later.

Sunreit is my long term portfolio, some portion I have been holding for >3 years which give me a good 15% annual compounding while the rest enter later did not do a good job in the annual compounding return. During the downtrend, I have to bear the pain on holding the loses nearly for 7 months. Luckily the downtrend only last 7 months. This time, I will do it differently, I will sell at least 75% (or maybe 100%) of my Sunreit holding when she break my weekly trailing stop at 1.47. Then will come back for her when she show signs of changing back to uptrend. Well , lets see this support 1.47 will hold or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers