Thursday 31 October 2013

3 Strategies separated into 3 Portfolio

Recently, I have started to separate my 3 strategy and categorise into 3 different portfolio to make it more tidy and able to analyse which strategy gain the most. I will evaluate these 3 strategy every end of the year,

Porfolio 1 (Value Invest - VI)
Buy and hold, mainly for capital appreciation and dividend collection. So, thats where I put my REITS.
Mainly very strong fundamentals and high dividend (>5%) paying company.
This portfolio will be very inactive and demand little of my time.

Portfolio 2 (VaIue Invest with Trend trading - VITT)
I'll buy and sell half when reach 2nd resistance and have the remaining half set with a trailing stop loss.
I will not cut loss if the the trade broke my 1st support instead will average down upon seeing reversal.
Mainly very strong fundamentals and dividend paying (at least higher than Fix Deposit) company.
Will sell all the remaining upon breaking my trailing stop point.

Portfolio 3 (Momentum Play- MP) 
I buy at support/breakout/flag/pattern/sym triangles, may sell all upon hitting 1st resistance, if number of bought shares qty is high, will sell half at 1st resistance and sell all upon reaching 2nd resistance .
I will cut loss upon break my stop loss point.
This one, I will not look too much into fundamentals but at least is not a high loss making company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers