Saturday 10 March 2012

Trend channels which is which ?

Trend channels or trendlines are used widely by traders. Sometimes you may find the channels are giving more reliable signals for one to sell or buy than classical resistance or support. But there is a weakness when using trend channels, as my tittle said, which is which ? I used Paramon as a case . Paramon is a good FA stock though I did not monitor her closely.





In the 1st chart, which I named trendline A, it is still not the right time to buy, one need to wait till 1.52 which will be the bottom trendline support to go long. But then again, different people may have different viewing perspective which I come upon trendline B when I observed the chart further. In trendline line B, Paramon has rebounded from the 1.58 support and closes at 1.61 (a buy signal).

So, how to play ?
To those traders that does not want to miss the opportunity, one should enter position if Monday intraday can goes higher than 1.61. These again based on probability, the true support may not be 1.58, so one should enter with a smaller position and keep some remaining bullets to average down at 1.52 if really the trendline A is the way the market really wants Paramon to go.

What about you are conservative ? So, just wait till 1.52 to enter, if she really doesn't goes down to this level, just forget about her and moves on to hunt for another better probability stocks.

Hope you all gets my point. I may talk more on my first comment that trend channels are more reliable to buy & sell if I able to find a simple to understand chart to elaborate on this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers