Wednesday 18 September 2013

Share Tips !!!

Some history telling down my memory lane.

I just got myself burnt in 1997 as I bought shares from CLOB (a Singapore board to trade Malaysian shares). Thanks to Tun Daim decision to freeze all our Malaysia's stock portfolio bought in Singapore, I had my warrants becomes useless papers and some shares that did not able to survive through the crisis get delisted. I was not able to get a single cent back from these shares that I was holding as I'm not allow to trade as the Malaysia gov had freeze all shares bought under CLOB. I had to pay some commision fee a appointed company to transfer back my shares to Malaysia stock broker. Even so, they can only be released in stages throughout 2 years. By then, some of my shares like Renong-WA already expired and Promet being delisted.

Then came 1999 after our Asian countries had just bottom out from the financial crisis in 1997~1998 , STI have a bull run, I want to recover some of my losses but then again there is no one talking about learning TA and FA (at least all my friends doesnt talk about it). So,  I just bought shares based on TIPS !!! from broker or friends. With this TIPS, I do recover some of my losses, but not much as I do not have much bullet, just bought by contra.

Hmmm, with now after so many years, and the internet is so advance, there are so much information about TA and FA everywhere, but yet many people prefer to listen to TIPS ! I also do listen to TIPS but I would analyse it before buying. I heard from my sister, some of her friends bought some of the shares that I mention here that is good to buy but didnt even bother to read my blog content ( some I mention but is fully valued), she still bought into it.

Well, I did earn some money from HAPSENG recently which I got this TIPS from a friend and after analysing it , she is having a UPTREND, so I bought into it. I have just sold all of it though she is still trending , I may buy into her again. Lets see how she pans out in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers